Friday, July 8, 2016

Where Do We Go From Here?

Granny here,

It is with a heavy heart that I pen these words today and my heart joins all those around the world that are mourning once again the loss of innocent people that were in the wrong place at the right time. As I look at our society here in the United States and this is the country I am concerned about right now for it is my home, it is the place where I raised my kids, the place where I built my home, the place that gave me my education and the place where I will die. Yes, this is my home.

Today, sadly I am at a loss as to how we got where we are and where we may be going if our society continues on the course that seems to have engulfed us. The course of destruction and insanity that seems to be widening as we speak. I ask the question Where do we go from here?

Where do we go to find the answer to this question? Where do we go for the wisdom to handle this situation? Where do we go for the strength to be the citizen we need to be in a nation that is wounded, a nation wounded by the baggage of the past, a nation that has forgot what it takes to rise above our circumstances and become what our forefathers envisioned that we would become. A nation under God with liberty and justice for all.

It's no secret that mistakes have been made down through the 240 years that we have been a nation but my question is "Will we ever learn?" When will we learn that repeating those things done in the past does nothing to insure our future. We will never move forward carrying the baggage from the past. It is too lethal, it is too heavy, it is too damaging. We must let it go, we must unleash the hatred, the blame, the hurt that has been eaten over and over again at our dinner tables and feeds the next generation with the wrongs of the past that can never be changed, undone but can be forgiven and forgotten at least in the way that brings harm and danger to the future generations.

When will we learn that change can only come with one person at a time and that person is me and you. We must look into the mirror and realize that the person looking back at us is the person who can make a change. What would happen to our nation if each one of us began today to make that change? If we each went out of our way to make life better for another person no matter what color they were, where they were from, what language they spoke. I ask what would happen?

You know what would happen, lives would suddenly matter, what we did would matter,  what we say would matter, we would matter not only to ourselves but to each other. We would see that after all is said and done we are human beings living in one space so we need to make room for each other. We would make a better world.

It wouldn't be a perfect world but it would be better. The only way it would be perfect is for all citizens to live by the BOOK! God's word has all the answers but having God on our money, on our buildings, on our license plates, on our documents and not in our hearts will not work! He must be IN not ON, it is only when He enters that change will come. There must be a change within that brings the change without, there can be no other way. We cannot do it on our own without His help. The human being doesn't have it in him to change without the help of God. His mind is on evil continually.

So when we take time to reflect on the happenings of this day and days gone by and days to come we must remember if it is to be it's up to me, that is change, respect and honor. Man needs to stop trying to make a name for himself and come under the only name that will bring us change Jesus Christ!


Granny here, Just saying!

No comments:

Post a Comment